- Unable to connect to Windows Update Site
- BgInfo (Free Tool to display basic information about a Server or PC)
- iPhone 7 Migration
Unable to connect to Windows Update Site
Unable to connect to Windows Update Site, even though you can access the Internet, for example, google.com. Please try the following;
[Re-register the necessary DLL’s for Windows Update]
- Example: Windows XP SP3:
- REGSVR32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuapi.dll
- REGSVR32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.dll
- REGSVR32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauengpi.dll
- REGSVR32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\wucltui.dll
- REGSVR32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups.dll
* You may get an error with the 2nd item (file not found), but you can ignore it & continue with the next item.
Before you try the above, please do the following checks;
- ・Try to connect to TrendMicro and McAfee Sites, if you can’t, then there is a strong possibility of virus infection, such as W32/Downad.
- ・Do a Full Virus Scan of the local HDD.
- ・Check the Event Log.
- ・Check if the Windows Update Site is blocked.
- ・Run WinSockFix.
- ・Windows XP System Repair.
- ・Service Pack 3: Apply it Offline.
- ・Check Windows Firewall Settings.
- ・Check Time and Date.
- ・Internet Explorer uses 128bit encryption.
- ・Internet Explorer Language Setting.
- ・Windows XP is using a legal Product Key.
- ・Windows is already activated.
- ・System File Check.
- Run sfc /scannow
- ・Clear Windows Update Log.
- ・Restart Windows several times.
- ・Check if the Windows Update URL is OK.
- If Windows tries to go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com (V4:Windows Update) then create the following short-cut for Windows Updates;
Download & apply all of the important updates.
- Some sites require a smaller size. Please go to the following site to check current MTU size.
- If your MTU size is 1500, then try 1300.
- Value Name: MTU
- Data Type: REG_DWORD
- Value Data: 0x00000514 (1300)
(Free Tool to display basic information about a Server or PC)
Have you ever seen a screen like that?
BgInfo is a popular free utility provided by Microsoft to display basic information on Servers & PC’s. It can be downloaded from Windows
Sysinternals. If you remotely connect to a Server or PC this is a very quick way for confirming which unit you have connected too. It provides
an array of information like Host Name, Boot Time, IP Address, CPU, RAM, HDD Free Space, etc.
- 1) Please download.http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897557.aspx
- 2) Unzip BgInfo.zip into a folder named BgInfo, then copy that folder to \Program Files
- 3) Create a shortcut of \Program Files\BgInfo\Bginfo.exe and copy it to the Startup
- 4) Edit the shortcut; Target: "C:\Program Files\bginfo\Bginfo.exe" c:\default.bgi /timer:0
- 5) The very first time it is executed you’ll need to press OK.
Here is a sample definition file;
iPhone 7 Migration
※ Sample scenario: iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 migration.
- 1) If you have already played games, etc., on your iPhone 7 then follow the instructions of each game for changing handsets. Take note of
ID’s, Passwords, etc., of all applications (including Apple ID). Just in case, capture the installed application list and send the pictures via email
to a different email address.
- 2) iPhone 6: Update all applications.
- 3) On your PC open iTunes. If a newer version exists, update it.
- 4) Connect the iPhone 6 to your PC with the Apple Cable.
- 5) On your PC, Start a Backup in iTunes: “Run Now” Backup to PC with data encryption. (take note of the encryption password)
- 6) Check that the backup has been successful & close iTunes.
- 7) Disconnect the iPhone 6 from your PC.
- 8) On your PC open iTunes.
- 9) Connect the iPhone 7 to your PC with the Apple Cable.
- 10) Start System Restore in iTunes.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations
or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related
graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits
arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of NetGration. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.